12/19/2007

Jamie Lynn Spears is preggers?!



Jamie Lynn Spears says she is pregnant. This according to a new magazine interview.
Spears, the 16-year-old sister of Britney Spears, tells OK! magazine the father of her child is her high school boyfriend, Casey Aldridge.
Depending on their exact age difference and the state where the sexual intercourse took place, the father of Jamie Lynn Spears' baby could face criminal charges. In Spears' hometown of Kentwood, Louisiana, a spokeswoman for the local sheriff's department says no complaint has been filed in the case.
the father of her child is her high school boyfriend, Casey Aldridge. Published reports offer disputing accounts of Aldridge's age. Some reports say he is 19 while others indicate he is 18.
n Louisiana, it is legal for a 16-year-old to have sexual intercourse with someone who is no more than two years older than he or she is. However, if the defendant is at least 19 years of age and the other person is under the age of 17, the defendant could be charged with felony carnal knowledge of a juvenile. Laws on the matter vary from state-to-state.
Spears says she plans to raise the baby in her home state of Louisiana so it can, as she puts it, "have a normal family life."
You may recognize Spears as they younger sister of pop star Britney Spears. Jamie Lynn has a claim to fame in her own right, as she is the star of the popular series "Zoey 101."
Nickelodeon, the network that carries Spears' series "Zoey 101," issued the following statement shortly after the announcement: "We respect Jamie-Lynn's decision to take responsibility in this sensitive and personal situation. We know this is a very difficult time for her and her family, and our primary concern right now is for Jamie Lynn's well being."
Spears is 12 weeks along in the pregnancy and initially kept it to herself when she learned about it from an at-home test and doctor visit, she told the celebrity magazine.
"As soon as I found out for sure from the doctor, I took two weeks to myself where I didn't tell anybody," she said. "Only one of my friends knew because I needed to work out what I would do for myself before I let anyone's opinion affect my decision. Then I told my parents and my friends. I was scared, but I had to do what was right for me."
Spears told her mother, Lynne, just before Thanksgiving, the magazine says.
"She was very upset because it wasn't what she expected at all," Spears says. "A week after, she had time to cope with it and became very supportive."
Lynne Spears is already a grandmother to Britney's two young sons with her ex-husband, Kevin Federline (AKA "Fedex").
"I didn't believe it because Jamie Lynn's always been so conscientious. She's never late for her curfew. I was in shock. I mean, this is my 16-year-old baby."


More on Jamie Lynn Spears:
Jamie Lynn Spears official site
Jamie Lynn Spears at IMDB.com
Jamie Lynn Spears Wikipedia entry

No comments: