1/02/2008

Jessica Simpson goes country

Jessica Simpson is going to the Nashville sound.
Apparently trying to channel Madonna's sound circa 1984 didn't work out.
The blonde songstress tells Billboard.com she will be involved in the creative process.
So the question on the tip of many tongues: Why country?
"I am a country girl," she says. "I grew up in Texas, and country music was what I listened to. I always wanted to make a country album, but I wanted to wait until the time was right."
Hmm. Could Carrie Underwood's success have anything to do with this sudden change of pace for Jess? Not only did she get Carrie's sloppy seconds by scooping up Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo, now she's late to the country party.
The video below is the Jess-ster in her good ole pop days. Plenty of eye candy in this one.

Jessica Simpson - Public Affair

No comments: